GSM and its derivatives have become the world's #1 wireless technology, enabling users to roam across most of Europe, the Middle East, North Africa, East Asia, and even much of the U.S. -- all with one number and one bill. Principles & Applications of GSM is the first complete technical guide to this remarkable technology. Best-selling wireless experts Vijay K. Garg and J.E. Wilkes begin by introducing basic principles that apply to any wireless technology. Next, they present GSM in depth, covering everything you need to know to design and implement a GSM system, including:
- GSM architecture.
- Radio link operations: APC, DTX, SFH, channel borrowing, and smart antennae.
- Logical channel structure and framing.
- Speech coding and Linear-Prediction based Analysis-by-Synthesis (LPAS).
- Physical, data link, and network layers.
- Message flows among mobile stations, base stations, MSCs, HLRs and VLRs.
|Book Full Name||Principles of Applications of GSM|
|Author Name||Vijay K. Garg & Joseph E. Wilkes|
|Publisher||Pearson education/ PHI|